Monday, January 23, 2012

Mediterranean hemp seed pâté salad...

Today I took the sundried tomato basil hemp seed pâté I made yesterday and made an incredibly delicious salad.  I like to make massaged kale salads because they keep well in the frig for a day or two.  Kale is also incredibly nutritionally dense and filling.  Mixed greens are yummy and quick, but if you're going to have leftovers for a quick grab n go meal the following day, it's best to go with kale.  When I make salads, I like the full spectrum of the rainbow to be represented in my veggie selection.  By eating a rainbow of colors, you insure you are getting the full spectrum of phytonutrients.
To understand more about the subtle nutritional and energetic aspects of food, check out Rainbow Green Live-Food Cuisine by Dr. Gabriel Cousens.

Mediterranean hemp seed pâté salad
2 bunches of purple kale
1 roasted red pepper
1/2 cup sweet yellow cherry tomatoes
1/3 cucumber
1/4 cup sweet onion
1/2 avocado
7 chopped kalamata olives
2 T bee pollen to garnish on top
1 t sea salt

1/2 cup sundried tomato basil hemp seed pâté


Wash and strip the kale from its thick center stem.  Tear it into smaller pieces and put in a large bowl.  Sprinkle kale with one teaspoon of sea salt and massage thoroughly.  The salt breaks down the cell walls of the kale and pulls the water out, giving it a marinated texture.  As you massage, you will feel the kale start to wilt.  It takes a minute to for the kale to soften.  Be sure to think joyful thoughts as you prepare your food so that you can assimilate the good vibes along with all the high quality nutrients.
 

Chop, slice, dice your veggies according to preference, keeping in mind how the flavors and textures will balance.  I like to chop the olives pretty finely so that the salty high notes are not too loud in the overall salad.  I like the onion in very thin slices so the flavor is not too sharp; same goes for the cucumber.  I like slightly bigger chunks of the delicious roasted red peppers and big juicy halves of the cherry tomatoes.  (Obviously roasted peppers are not raw, but I love them roasted.  Use raw peppers if you wish).  I love long prominent avocado slices on top that I can sink my fork into.

Lightly toss the veggies into the kale.  (I hold the avocado and bee pollen until the end to spread over the top).  Toss in the pâté so that it is thoroughly mixed in the salad.  Serve, topping with avocado and sprinkle with bee pollen.  Finish with freshly cracked pepper and flax crackers on the side.  Tastes best when enjoyed with good company.


Bon appétit, mon ami! 



No comments:

Post a Comment